Cold and Flu Go Away – Spirulina Prepare the Way!!
What is GREEN, powdery, and from the sea, which has the power to build immunity??
You may be asking what on earth is spirulina? Well, the scientific answer is that it is a spiral-shaped cyanobacterium (1). In layman’s terms however, it is a blue-green alga that exists naturally within the sea or in fresh water. It is a part of many water ecosystems throughout the planet.
Now, you might be saying to yourself “EWWW!!! – why on earth would I want to eat that?”
Honestly speaking, I have been taking this raw powder for over a year now and I can’t tell you the last time that I was sick. Spirulina is a potent superfood that boosts immunity giving your white blood cells a power packed fight. But fighting the common cold or flu is just the tip of the iceberg for this unassuming green giant.
Take a look at all the other awesome benefits that come from Spirulina:
- Essential Amino Acids
- Needed for building cells, muscles and tissues
- Boosts energy and increases cardiovascular health
- Supports eye health
- Great for those fighting anemia
- Trace Minerals like Magnesium and Chromium
- Magnesium is essential for heart and brain health as it is necessary for our electrical conduction type cells
- Chromium helps to metabolize carbohydrates and aids in balancing our blood glucose levels
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Helps to keep inflammation levels down in the body
- Low inflammation means low acidity which makes it harder for things like cancer cells, bacteria, viruses, and all sorts of other critters to thrive
- Vitamin E
- Powerful antioxidant that helps to fight infection and disable free radicals on a cellular level
If all these attributes weren’t enough, I’ve saved the best for last; chlorophyll. Chlorophyll – which I like to call “earth’s green medicine” – is the energy absorber of plants and it is responsible for the green colour that you see in them. An interesting finding about chlorophyll is that its structure is analogous to the hemoglobin in our blood, and research has shown that this very structure is responsible for synthesis of red blood cells in various animals (3). Chlorophyll coupled with the other great elements mentioned above makes spirulina a great detoxifying agent helping the body rid unwanted toxins that have built up over time.
Let’s face it, spirulina is a stand up food item. It is a powerful antioxidant that will not only help keep those pesky viruses away, but coupled with a high fiber whole foods diet, it will aid in holding chronic diseases at bay.
Now, I know what you’re thinking. HOW DO I GET MY HANDS ON THIS STUFF??
Answer: Click on the link below and upon checkout, click on the “Have a Coupon” button and type in the word “WHOLE” to save 10% on your purchase. Only offered here at Wholly Living!
Get your immunity build on by CLICKING HERE!
For a quick spirulina recipe see my post just below called the “Immune Boosting Smoothie”.
If you have any questions or comments, leave a post below and let’s have a conversation.
I look forward to hearing from you!